Q: How can I open .daa in Ubuntu or other Linux distribution?

A: DAA file is PowerISO Direct-Access-Archive and should be opened with PowerISO for Linux or AcetoneISO.

In order to install PowerISO do the following:

cd /usr/src
wget http://poweriso.com/poweriso-1.3.tar.gz
tar -xvzf poweriso-1.3.tar.gz

It comes as poweriso binary so you can execute it without compilation. Now you can convert .daa into .iso:

./poweriso convert your_file.daa -o your_file.iso -ot iso

Coming to AcetoneISO program.

1. August 17, 2009  5:50 am by Jaikumar Reply

Hello Friend....

Its working fine. Its easy step only.. Thank you..

2. May 1, 2010  9:49 pm by PuffMaN Reply

oh man u just made my day and saved me a lot of time

thanks a lot dude!

3. October 29, 2010  7:19 pm by Surya Reply

Hello Friend,

Thank you very much...

4. February 11, 2011  5:32 pm by Pema Reply

When I followed your instructions for installing poweriso, this is the response I got in the terminal:
    --2011-02-11 22:52:07-- http://poweriso.com/poweriso-1.3.tar.gz
    Resolving poweriso.com... 65.181.175.15
    Connecting to poweriso.com|65.181.175.15|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 288910 (282K) [application/x-gzip]
    poweriso-1.3.tar.gz: Permission denied

Cannot write to `poweriso-1.3.tar.gz' (Permission denied).
    pema@thagchod:/usr/src$ tar -xvzf poweriso-1.3.tar.gz
    tar: poweriso-1.3.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

5. March 30, 2012  7:50 pm by fruit mocking party Reply

Excellent blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

6. April 14, 2012  7:24 pm by me Reply

there is also a tool called daa2iso, which is packaged ubuntu -- just install daa2iso from the software centre. it is free software (as opposed to poweriso),

installing and converting is as easy as
    sudo aptitude install daa2iso
    daa2iso the_input_file.daa new_output_file.iso

iso files can then be accessed as usual.

7. January 15, 2013  4:02 pm by Encore Better Homes Reply

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing
    several weeks of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to protect against hackers?