Some time ago I wrote about syncing mobile phone contacts and calendar with online service ZYB. Today I’d like to share my experience of Motorola Razr V3 sync by means of this free service. I’d like to mention that advantage of this method is that it doesn’t matter what operating system you use, it can be Linux, Apple Mac or even M$ Window$. All operations are done with any browser you use.

First of all register new account at ZYB or login to existing one at www.zyb.com. After first successful login you’ll be suggested to register your mobile phone model with the online system. Just choose your model in a wide phone models list. In my case I choose Motorola Razr V3.

In order to upload your phone contacts to your contacts and calendar/datebok data to ZYB perform the following operations with your Motorola Razr v3:

1. Go to Menu
2. Go to Connection or connectivity
3. Go to Sync
4. Select New entry
5. Name: ZYB
6. Url: http://sync.zyb.com/
7. Username: your ZYB login
8. Password: your ZYB password
9. Select Data Paths, click Change
10. Address book: contacts
11. Dateboook: calendar
12. Press Done to save
13. Select ZYB from the list and click on Select to start syn

When sync is done you’ll see your contacts at your personal ZYB page. It’s very comfortable to edit them online and then sync with your Razr V3 by performing 13 step of above operations list.

ZYB provides a feature that allows to sync data between many mobile phones you own. Many phone models are supported, so it would be useful to check if it is supported by ZYB before buying it :)

You may also be interested in:
EV-DO Internet access with Ubuntu Linux
Download and convert YouTube video online and offline
Inimitable wallpapers, icons and themes for Linux

1. Pingback : Download and convert YouTuber video online and offline | Linux Screw

2. October 18, 2007  3:58 pm by do you know how to g Reply

It is a great article. I tried to do it but could not get the sync menu item on my cell. Do you know how? Thanks a lot!

3. October 18, 2007  9:01 pm by artiomix Reply

Hi,

Just go to Menu, then go to section "Connectivity" and select "Sync". If you'd like to create a shortcut for this item, just select it, press and hold "menu button" (-) until shortcut menu will appear.

Hope it helps!

4. October 19, 2007  1:21 am by amicus Reply

my problem is that I am using T-Mobile and I don't have "sync" menu item under "Connectivity". I heard that I needed to do some SEEM editing to get that item shown up. It doesn't look very easy.

5. October 19, 2007  7:14 am by artiomix Reply

Hi Amicus,

Hmm... I'm sure that "Sync" is placed in just some unusual place of the menu, but if T-Mobile has it's own sync service like ZYB it could hide "sync" menu item and/or replace it with some other one...

6. October 19, 2007  2:27 pm by do you know how to g Reply

Thanks again for your help. T-mobile does have its own sync service but I could not find it anywhere on my phone. Eventually I was tired of searching for answers and I manually added everything to the new phone. Actually, I bought an iphone and used it on t-mobile. That was the reason I tried to sync my phone book to another service so that I can sync it back to the new iphone.

7. March 13, 2008  9:37 pm by subcorpus Reply

i've been using it for a few weeks now ...

and it seems to work great most of the time ...

sometimes ... their site is a bit slow ...

8. March 30, 2008  5:56 pm by cyanide Reply

Do you need to have GPRS/EDGE (Data plan) for this service to work?? I have a T Mobile connection with voice plan,Do I need to get a Data Plan??

9. July 28, 2008  4:48 pm by donna Reply

I am using zyb BUT the computer entries have correct time, but they show on my phone as 4 hours later!! My time zone is correct, etc. but I keep getting 4 hours later on phone.

10. October 27, 2009  3:15 am by Nico Reply

zyb does not exist anymore. It's changing to vodaphone360 and the service is not provided thoroughly throughout countries.

In fact when I tried to register they asked me some information "to inform" me when the service is available in my country and on completion of the form I got a "oops this was not supposed to happen".

So forget about it entirely for now.

Nico

11. January 19, 2010  6:50 pm by Elle Faith Reply

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? Please visit my 2010 calendars site for return :)

12. July 17, 2010  10:00 pm by Jackson Windly Reply

so now i'm on the fifth motorola cliq waiting for the sixth to arrive.. Sad and i need to say i'm extremely unhappy with the replacements ive been recently getting, keyboards not lighting up, the screen splitting , turning off unexpectedly, being extreamly warm whenever charging..etc.. ive just had the worst luck with this mobile phone.. they presented me the new dash and the new blackberry.. but i really like the flexibility of this phone so much that im trying to look past it.. i just want to know if anybody else is having these problems with replacements.. or just in general.

13. July 17, 2010  10:25 pm by Enrique Crysler Reply

so i'm on the 5th motorola cliq holding out for the sixth to arrive.. Unhappy and i must say i'm very disappointed with the replacements ive been getting, keyboards not lighting up, the screen breaking , turning off unexpectedly, being extreamly warm whenever charging..etc.. ive just had the worst luck with this phone.. they presented me the brand new dash and the new blackberry.. but i love the flexibility of this phone so significantly that im attempting to look past it.. i just want to know if anyone else is having these problems with replacements.. or just in general.