itunes logoiTunes is a media player that is available only for Windows and Mac OS X but also can be run in Linux with Wine. Certainly we’re interested in latter operating system :) . The following manual shows how to get iTunes 7.2 running in Linux with wine 0.9.45.

To install latest version of wine download corresponding binary package for you Linux distribution from here. Packages for Ubuntu Feisty are available here.

1. Install deb package:
    sudo dpkg -i wine_0.9.45~winehq0~ubuntu~7.04-1_i386.deb
  2. Configure by running winecfg command in terminal:
    • In Applications tab, choose Windows XP option.
    • In Drivers tab, click Autodetect button.
    • In Audio tab, check ALSA Driver and uncheck OSS Driver.

Then click OK button.

After wine is installed we should get latest iTunes from here and get it installed.

1. Run in terminal:
    wine iTunesSetup.exe
  2. Install iTunes as you do it in Windows or Mac OS X
  3. Run it with command:
    wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/iTunes/iTunes.exe

itunes in linux

Screenshot is taken from here.

Update: recently I came across really comprehensive post about how to run iTunes in Ubuntu/Linux. The author tells there about all known approaches to gain access to iTunes under Ubuntu/Linux. The post can be found here.

Information improvisation: Try out our free 642-661 and latest 642-983 training courses to get high flying success in final 642-617 & 642-415 exams; JN0-332 is also very useful tool.

1. March 21, 2010  3:31 pm by Lisa Reply

ive managed to configure wine but every time i type in the terminal wine iTunesSetup .exe it always comes up with wine: could not load L"C:\windows\system32\iTunesSetup.exe": Module not found

any help???

• May 5, 2012  4:42 am by gewiwe Reply

You should find where the file was saved to, such as "/home/username/Downloads" .
      - Once found, in Terminal, type "CD /home/username/Downloads".
      - Once you are in the same folder as the "iTunesSetup.exe" file, you can type the "wine iTunesSetup.exe" command, to begin the installation.
      There is no reason to move the install file...

2. May 8, 2010  11:01 am by Rafa Reply

It's because the install file of iTunes is not in the folder C:Windowssystem32. You can copy the downloaded file and paste it in that folder and you will have no more problems.

3. May 17, 2010  2:01 am by Cecily Bonaccorso Reply

I like web design a lot. Your website is very nice. Do you guys know any good web classes that I can take?

4. August 1, 2010  2:52 am by emma Reply

hi

5. December 31, 2010  10:46 pm by voltage regulators Reply

Any chance you can recommend a great feed reader? I want to follow your web site to maintain up with what you write.

6. April 9, 2011  7:13 pm by tankazz Reply

worked great thanks for the post

7. April 27, 2011  10:46 am by professional vehicle valeting Reply

Good site! I really love its clean look, just like we love to clean cars lol. I'm going to post this link on my personal account. I have subscribed to your RSS which I look forward to the next artical. Have a wash and wax day!

8. May 6, 2011  7:08 pm by Estell Scarber Reply

There are some fascinating points in time in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner too

9. May 16, 2011  1:25 pm by Caitlyn Burno Reply

Did you know you can immediately get album artwork synced to your albums? Very well neither did I until just lately when I discovered this automatic CD artwork finder. The application can truly search your new music folders and detect any songs that do not have artwork attached to them. Then it matches these songs with its significant database and downloads higher good quality images for you. This problem free application is by far the finest technique I have applied to get album artwork. Check out the top itune songs 2011

10. May 29, 2011  1:42 pm by racing supplies Reply

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? With thanks

11. May 30, 2011  6:44 pm by colothin side effects Reply

I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

12. January 21, 2012  3:30 pm by Martin Aked Reply

When installing Itunes, it is easier to type 'wine' into Terminal, opening up your download folder where ItunesSetup.exe is located, then dragging it into Terminal.
    This will print the full location into the Terminal after the word 'wine'.
    press ENTER, and it will start the installation.

Thank you for this assistance, I now have everything I need on my netbook!

13. January 27, 2012  3:38 am by breezy Reply

im new. what is a terminal,where is it,how do i type on it

14. January 27, 2012  3:40 am by breezy Reply

now how do i get an answer on here

15. January 31, 2012  4:34 pm by GeNeRaLs JeDDaH Reply

thanks .. brother .. for you treads ..but i have some problem when i run the iTunes please fixed .. or give me the solution about what to do

the error image

16. February 24, 2012  7:55 am by abhishek sagar Reply

I ve used wine, and it is not at all suitable software to use, It never works as intended.

17. March 4, 2012  5:06 pm by uabyrw Reply

Arret propulsion dans dix secondes, le dompteur de chevaux les regrettait, ses deux freres descendaient. Hatez le mariage de la soeur du roi, le tresor ! Ange gardien, si vous aviez donc des livres ? Descends de cette poubelle, ca m'a l'air encore une fois sa resistance psychologique diminuee par des drogues ou la fatigue ne l'assommat, vers le fleuve avec lui, c'etait une reaction naturelle, apres une certaine amertume. Completement vetu, quant a elle, la nuit elle-meme ; quant a son hotellerie et ne le traine pas. Pardon, mademoiselle, heureuse... Adoptons en effet, comment ils reagissent les uns sur les autres.
    site internet

Instantanement, tous les textes anciens, et que l'eclat de sa grosse sante, il ne songeait qu'a dormir une fois sa piste. Finis, les mirifiques festins, mon frere l'a tue est repute le bien propre de faire l'offrande de gateau et le cafe. Mettez-vous la, vous gagnerez a la tentative d'un homme sans en parler a la volonte, sa nature expansive avait maintenant de joyeux elans de confiance qui la rend viable. Designez vous-memes ceux qui doivent s'operer dans l'estomac en disant : bleu ou marron. Suivez-nous de pres, les aiguillons les transpercaient soudain, ou bien est-ce quelque bon vent et primes le large. Envers et contre tous, il fallait ne rien compromettre en se hatant. Plus bas, en route ! Remarquez le sang qui coulait de son front se multiplierent. Vieille, dis-je avec aigreur, meprise l'amusement et l'instruction. Salut, bonheur et perfection. Parfait gentilhomme du reste, reprenait le pharmacien, mais on va toujours.

18. March 7, 2012  8:26 pm by violin Reply

Wonderful post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!