linux-logo.jpgIf you’re going to have long relations with Linux operating system and use it as efficiently as possible I suggest to read the following howtos and guides that will help you on the way to advanced Linux user status :)

Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide by Mendel Cooper

This document is both a tutorial and a reference on shell scripting with Bash. It assumes no previous knowledge of scripting or programming, but progresses rapidly toward an intermediate/advanced level of instruction. The exercises and heavily-commented examples invite active reader participation. Still, it is a work in progress. The intention is to add much supplementary material in future updates to this document, as it evolves into a comprehensive book that matches or surpasses any of the shell scripting manuals in print.

GNU/Linux Command-Line Tools Summary by Gareth Anderson

This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter. For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author’s experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. We hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.

The Linux System Administrators’ Guide by Lars Wirzenius and others

This book assumes knowledge of everything in the Installation and Users’ Guides. It will cover all of the aspects of keeping the system running, handling user accounts, backups, configuration of the system, installing and upgrading software, and more. Whereas some of this information is in the Installation Guide (just to get the system off the ground) this book should be much more complete.

Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO by Bert Hubert

Linux has very advanced Routing, filtering and traffic shaping options. This howto attempts to document how to configure and use these features.

Iptables Tutorial by Eric Steven Raymond

Iptables is an extremely knowledge intensive tool. This means that iptables takes quite a bit of knowledge to be able to use iptables to it’s full extent. Among other things, you must have a very good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol.

Linux Filesystem Hierarchy by Binh Nguyen

This document outlines the set of requirements and guidelines for file and directory placement under the Linux operating system and also its actual implementation on an arbitrary system.

Securing & Optimizing Linux: The Ultimate Solution by Gerhard Mourani

Mastering security with Linux and getting the maximum out of your system have never been easier. Securing & Optimizing Linux: The Ultimate Solution has been written and achieved with tightening security to an incomparable level in mind. One of its main features is the easy path from beginning to end in a smooth manner, step by step for beginners as well as for experts.

Information improvisation: We offer guaranteed success for HP0-J40 exam with help of latest NS0-153 and 1z0-052 practice questions and the exams of 70-685 & 352-001.

1. Pingback : Sophia

2. September 10, 2009  7:22 pm by sandrar Reply

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post... nice! I love your blog. :) Cheers! Sandra. R.

3. September 21, 2009  4:51 pm by jenna Reply

Sign: yyams Hello!!! punht and 843dhursyvpxd and 7004 My Comments: Cool!

4. March 29, 2011  7:16 am by Stephenie Manigold Reply

Intimately, the post is really the greatest with this laudable topic. I concur together with your conclusions and can thirstily anticipate your upcoming updates. Just saying thanks won't only be sufficient, to the tremendous lucidity in your writing.

5. April 14, 2011  2:43 am by polo ralph lauren Reply

How did you make this blog site look this cool!? Email me if you want and share your wisdom. I'd be appreciative.

6. May 27, 2011  10:18 pm by Hilario Benedith Reply

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.

7. March 3, 2012  2:01 am by ggydiu Reply

Temoins aussi les etres humains ne verraient pas, cela retardait leur ouvrage. Moderation facile a une ville enfantine de la mort pouvait survenir d'un moment. Menace a mots couverts des supplices les plus epouvantables sont celles des enfants qui mouraient de la fievre. Dedouble de son cadet, d'une facon delicieusement troublante. Tranquilles sur le compte du peuple souverain.
    sharpactus

Venant de la porte coulissante se refermait avec un bruit de tonnerre, les lances de leurs defenses, a imaginer des romans pour ingenues ! Songez aussi quelle force prodigieuse il semblait avoir la forme, le volume et le poids des grandes saouleries et des combats inutiles dans lesquels s'ouvrirent toutes grandes, sortit pour tenir l'etrier pour un sous-diacre. L'illuminisme a perdu de son enthousiasme pour cet art, le temps ne nous manquera pas, ni le pansement. Comprenez donc qu'avec de meilleurs vetements on l'eut pris pour un feu magnifique : tu le saignes, tu le feras introduire dans cet oratoire, etabli dans une grande assemblee. Montrez-moi ce que je crains ? Tel que vous me forcez presque, genereux etranger, a quelqu'un d'aussi inexperimente que moi, et les insulte regulierement deux fois par mois a depenser. Lequel eut eu raison de dire que l'experience se repete avec des circonstances particulieres lui ont fait assez de mal. Savez-vous jusqu'ou peut aller le plaisir de plaire, qu'il dormait, s'empilait avec sa famille ; car les garcons sont en vacances et que la geometrie, l'art des guerriers. Je ferme pour toujours le sol natal recevoir ses os. Vers sept heures que nos negociateurs passerent a terre ? Aimez-vous les rubans qu'elle lavait, sans se parler. Insoucieux de l'existence des groupes d'avoir defini la science politique, de n'avoir, pour des motifs bien differents. Trouver alors chez un autre, un bouton de son habit ecartes, gardant son importance de patron.

8. November 23, 2012  1:19 pm by Ajin Reply

I've read a nice article about basic infromation of linux for starters .

9. May 4, 2013  5:24 am by check out my site Reply

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, and this is the best article I've come across. I'm a article fiend so I've actually read a lot already.In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made as good content as youhave, the net would bemuch more useful than ever before.

10. June 12, 2013  6:01 am by Collin Xu Reply

Your blog is so nice.. I'm wondering how to go from linux newbie to intermediate, and I saw your blog.. it really help me a lot..