If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.

I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system.

Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free.

640K ought to be enough for anybody.

The Internet? We are not interested in it.

Microsoft is not about greed. It’s about innovation and fairness.

Windows 2000 already contains features such as the human discipline component, where the PC can send an electric shock through the keyboard if the human does something that does not please Windows.

There are people who don’t like capitalism, and people who don’t like PCs. But there’s no-one who likes the PC who doesn’t like Microsoft.

Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you’ll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features.

The next generation of interesting software will be made on a Macintosh, not an IBM PC.

People everywhere love Windows.

There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant number of users want fixed.

gates quotes

1. Pingback : My Ghillie » Fun: Bill Gates quotes

2. Pingback : Ghillie Suits » Fun: Bill Gates quotes

3. October 25, 2007  10:45 pm by Joey Livingston Reply

That seventh quote is from a fictitious parody interview with Andrew Lephter:

The whole interview is so ludicrous, it's obvious that it never took place, and I don't think it intended to be understood as anything but a silly spoof for a good laugh. I would assume that you know that, except that you've mixed it in with things that Bill Gates really did say. What am I missing?

4. October 26, 2007  2:38 am by brian Reply

It's not an interview, it's a compilation of qoutes, mostly from the 80s and 90s. I have seen most of those in credible places.

5. October 26, 2007  6:57 am by artiomix Reply

Hello Joey Livingston,

Thanks for searching Google, really the first page that is shown as the result of "Windows 2000 already contains features such as the human discipline component" request is the link you've mentioned :)

I found several more sites that contain 7th quote of Bill Gates there:

http://www.billgatesmicrosoft.com/ http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/bill_... http://www.quoteopia.com/famous.php?quotesby=bill... http://www.e-consultancy.com/news-blog/361990/36-... http://hubpages.com/hub/thejockspot_Top_Ten_Bill_...

I would recommend you to inform these sites' admins that there is doubtful Gates' quotes there. Especially E-consultancy.com ;)

P.S. I've posted these oldie quotes for fun and good laugh and it really doesn't matter for me if 7th quote is doubtful.

6. October 28, 2007  6:07 am by the_alex Reply

HAHAHA.... Bill Gates, he's laughing because so many people are still buying in to microsoft and he knows its BS!!

7. April 15, 2009  1:58 pm by How to Get Six Pack Fast Reply

If you ever want to read a reader's feedback :) , I rate this post for four from five. Detailed info, but I just have to go to that damn yahoo to find the missed parts. Thank you, anyway!

8. August 15, 2009  7:24 am by Bill_the_Hill Reply

I laughed so hard I shit my pants.

Not a big shit, just a little one.

I call it a Microshit.

9. Pingback : Bill Gates goes Open Source « Ze Moo .live.nu

10. November 6, 2009  9:47 am by irfan alam Reply

i am poor boy i need help to all

11. November 22, 2009  11:53 pm by Caban Haruni Reply

If there were no words No way to speak I would still here you

12. December 23, 2010  7:12 am by manda Reply

Bill Gates is a great guy, all of you wouldn't even know computers without his great efforts

13. February 9, 2011  4:20 pm by jose delgado Reply

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk billllllllll gatessssssssssssssssssssss

14. May 19, 2011  3:56 am by Jeffery Westhouse Reply

I wish to express some appreciation to this writer just for rescuing me from this circumstance. Right after browsing through the search engines and seeing proposals which were not pleasant, I assumed my life was well over. Living minus the answers to the problems you've sorted out through your main short article is a crucial case, and ones which could have in a negative way affected my career if I hadn't noticed your website. That skills and kindness in playing with all the things was helpful. I don't know what I would have done if I had not discovered such a thing like this. I can now look ahead to my future. Thanks very much for this expert and effective help. I won't hesitate to recommend the sites to anyone who needs to have assistance about this problem.

15. June 13, 2011  2:50 pm by Joan Shrode Reply

Thanks for your article. What I want to say is that when searching for a good online electronics go shopping, look for a web page with complete information on critical factors such as the privacy statement, security details, payment options, as well as other terms plus policies. Continually take time to investigate the help as well as FAQ sections to get a greater idea of the way the shop works, what they are able to do for you, and ways in which you can maximize the features.

16. February 13, 2012  11:48 am by Monte Sano Reply

Anda memiliki situs web yang bagus, periksalah dan tinjaulah film Top dari situs saya