Sometimes it is necessary to perform UDP flood towards some network device(s) in order to test its behavior in stress… Actually I am sure that every system administrator might use this small perl script for this purpose. Certainly there are many special programs for this but believe me that it is much more easier to do the following:

1. #touch > /tmp/flood.pl
2. #chmod +x /tmp/flood.pl
3. Copy the this code to /tmp/flood.pl:

4. Then /tmp/flood.pl 192.168.0.1 0 0 0, where 192.168.0.1 is IP you would like to flood with huge amount of UDP datagrams.

Thanks to Ivan Pepelnjak from http://ioshints.blogspot.com/.

1. December 31, 2009  9:15 pm by Colby Reply

hey i dont get this i did it to my friends ip he said it was okay on xbox and i lag my self out nothing happened to him email me i dont get it

2. March 22, 2010  8:02 pm by Liam Reply

That's because you're maxing out your upload. Obviously it's not going to affect him in anyway. You shouldn't be trying to do this to other, this is an illegal form of DoS. Anyways, if you try using a server instead of you connection, you'll see it will take people offline.

This shouldn't be used for malicious intent. You need a good connection to handle the packets being sent and recieved.

3. March 22, 2010  8:06 pm by Liam Reply

Also, you should limit the amount of packets being sent. This can be used for illegal purposes. Also, other scripts are easier to use because it doesn't just flood it directly. This is a very poorly made script and whoever the author is should try rewriting it properly with the proper modules.

4. July 26, 2010  3:55 am by CX crew Reply

Hey im luke I was wondering how to use this script, do you use it in mIRC, i asked my friend dabba and he said that its not for mIRC he said its for xchat or msn addon.

Thanks for any help.

5. July 29, 2010  10:43 am by kelsey Reply

you need a perl interpreter or upload it to a hosting provider that supports perl scripts and sockets (they usually dont).. it's allot more powerful when run from a server than your own little computer.

6. February 28, 2011  4:00 pm by online business help Reply

Of course I like your website, but you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very silly to tell you. On the other hand I will certainly come back again!

7. May 24, 2011  6:59 pm by hermes handbags birkin Reply

I just wanted to compose a remark to say thanks to you for all of the unique facts you might be writing at this web site. Developed private island community with an environment of total elegance and carefree living.

8. February 12, 2012  10:14 am by przeprowadzki szczecin Reply

well this test isn't about "bustin a cap" it is about intelligence. it takes little to know intelligence to shoot someone. but in my opinion, it is not the music that makes people dumb but the listeners, being dumb, decide to listen to whatever music is most easily accessible instead of developing a taste for fine music or developed music because they do not have developed ears that can truly develop opinions. and the music will become more about "bustin a cap".

• June 5, 2012  9:13 am by anon Reply

it takes little to "know" intelligence to shoot someone....... maybe you should stop insulting peoples intelligence simpily because of the music they listen to and focus a little more on KNOWING the difference between NO and KNOW. Have a nice day =)

9. Pingback : DoS against IP camera using UDP | phillips321.co.uk