openbsd logoFew days ago I started configuring corporate mail server that should be deployed on OpenBSD and comprise the following features:

1. Easy to configure and powerful MTA (Postfix)
  2. Virtual domains and user accounts (this information is stored in MySQL database)
  3. Antispam and antivirus checking for all accounts (spamassassin and clamav via amavis-new)
  4. Secure access to mailboxes through POP3, IMAP and HTTP (squirellmail)
  5. Secure SMTP server
  6. Extremal Stability and Security

Actually OpenBSD 4.2 was chosen because of it’s “security by default”. Thankfully Daniele Mazzocchio from friendly site www.kernel-panic.it wrote an excellent article about how to build such mail server on this operating system:

Offering a reliable and secure email service is probably one of the top priorities of most system administrators; therefore, in the next chapters, we will build a full-featured mail server, based on open-source software and focusing on security. Read more…

The only thing that is not covered by it is mail content filtering with maildrop and vacation messages that users often ask to set while they are out. Working on it! :)

1. Pingback : fluffigt.com » Blog Archive » FAQ: How to set up atomatic Linux reboot if kernel panic occurs?

2. February 8, 2009  3:29 pm by SriMathe Reply

amazing stuff thanx :)

3. April 29, 2009  3:46 pm by Mary Mccullough Reply

Nice post! GA is also my biggest earning. However, it?s not a much.

4. May 26, 2009  3:55 pm by Stuart Reply

Very impressive website, good job

5. June 26, 2009  8:53 am by jacky green Reply

Thanks. Decent blog. I really like the theme. easy on the eyes.

6. July 7, 2009  3:49 pm by Dennis Reply

very helpful post, you should post more stuff related to this.

7. October 22, 2009  11:57 pm by Arnold35 Reply

What difference are you making in your community? ,

8. November 23, 2009  7:25 pm by moise Reply

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.

9. February 23, 2010  2:41 am by Shahid Reply

Dear ALL,

I have a problem i want to configure openBSD MTA cluster. 4 servers 2 MTA and mail box on another servers. active passive failover email servers. any idea or howto plz help me...

10. October 30, 2010  12:21 am by Quick Facts Reply

Maybe you should edit the webpage name OpenBSD: Corporate Mail Server with Postfix, MySQL, ClamAV, SA, Amavis-new - Linux * Screw to something more catching for your webpage you write. I loved the post still.

11. Pingback : Gucci Watch

12. April 7, 2011  6:33 am by Margarite Lemay Reply

A 50$ monthly data only bill… What has this cellular world come to? How many people will be willing to pay 50 bucks just for quicker data? Screw that.Been looking for a great note taking app for a while, something that syncs with services, especially Dropbox, is a must for my needs, this looks cool.I"m having problems with verifying my email; no emails come through to do so and the button to verify says my email is set up to another apple ID…WTF?Been looking for a great note taking app for a while, something that syncs with services, especially Dropbox, is a must for my needs, this looks cool.I"m having problems with verifying my email; no emails come through to do so and the button to verify says my email is set up to another apple ID…WTF?i had a problem, when i upgraded my phone 3g it doesn"t work and locked to itunes and the phone is not working..what shall i do?can u pls help me?tnx…

13. September 17, 2012  8:17 am by icons pack Reply

You are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss.

P.S. Please review icons