google-chrome os logoHere is astonishing news I came across today at Google Official Blog:

We’re announcing a new project that’s a natural extension of Google Chrome — the Google Chrome Operating System. It’s our attempt to re-think what operating systems should be.

Google Chrome OS is an open source, lightweight operating system that will initially be targeted at netbooks. Later this year we will open-source its code, and netbooks running Google Chrome OS will be available for consumers in the second half of 2010. Because we’re already talking to partners about the project, and we’ll soon be working with the open source community, we wanted to share our vision now so everyone understands what we are trying to achieve.

The software architecture is simple — Google Chrome running within a new windowing system on top of a Linux kernel.

Read more >>

Another pulications on the topic:

1. Alas, poor Microsoft at PCWorld
2. Google Chrome: Lookout Windows and OS X at Gizmodo
3. Google Chrome lives at arctechnica

1. October 29, 2009  6:54 pm by JohnDoe Reply

Google is NOT a company I am fond of... I mean they are a VERY big company now and really... TOO BIG for their own good!

Google has become known as a 'spy-happy' company by the intelligent, computer literate and know that Google is one company to stay AWAY from, Free or Not!

They have hired individuals who make their living as a spy in governmental agencies and the likes to help them in their efforts of spying on us.

In fact, that is what their Google toolbar is all about! It digs in to your info on your computer and tracks just about everything you do online. Google also NEVER DELETES ANYTHING anymore and keeps all data they ever collect on you or anyone.

CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT KIND OF POWER GOOGLE WILL HAVE WHEN MANY FOLKS DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THEIR Operating System????!!!

WOW!!!

People... come on... DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!! As my father always told me as a kid, THINK before your act!!!

Now-a-days, I think, research and then act accordingly.

If you need to respond to something immediately, go with your gut feeling, but make sure you are reading it correctly by practising using it on all your decisions.

Google CHURNS MY guts!!!

Good Luck in whatever you choose to do!!

2. February 1, 2010  2:45 am by Mr. Christian Reply

We've been waiting on Google's web browser's extensions for quite some time ... Up to now I've installed and used 5 plugins and am awed with them. The latest Firefox has recently lagged and the plugins are necessary.

3. May 14, 2011  11:40 pm by Cure Tinnitus Reply

I have a problem subscribing to your RSS Feed... It states feed is activated, however I never receive updates in my feed reader... Any Ideas?

4. June 2, 2011  2:58 pm by NewJersey Reply

tkraaxqakq phone systems for small business

5. June 9, 2011  7:47 pm by john deere parts Reply

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet.

6. June 13, 2011  6:34 pm by Gil Hinks Reply

Something more important is that while looking for a good internet electronics retail outlet, look for web stores that are continuously updated, always keeping up-to-date with the most current products, the most effective deals, along with helpful information on products and services. This will ensure you are dealing with a shop which stays on top of the competition and offers you what you ought to make knowledgeable, well-informed electronics buys. Thanks for the vital tips I have learned through the blog.

7. March 30, 2012  6:59 pm by fruit mocking party Reply

I do like the way you have presented this specific issue plus it really does offer me personally some fodder for thought. Nevertheless, coming from what precisely I have experienced, I really hope as the commentary pack on that men and women stay on point and in no way start upon a tirade of the news of the day. Still, thank you for this outstanding piece and even though I do not necessarily concur with the idea in totality, I respect the perspective.

8. June 22, 2012  10:06 am by Sherman Depeyster Reply

I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, however great topic. I must spend a while learning much more or working out more. Thank you for great information I was searching for this info for my mission.