[digg-me] A certain Gaurav Khanna from University of Massachusetts Dartmouth created computing cluster based on 8 (eight) Sony PlayStation 3 consoles that is meant to simulate gravity processes. The project is named as “PS3 Gravity Grid” and allows to model Binary Black Hole Coalescence using Perturbation Theory. Actually it’s not first case when PS3 is used as a component for cluster as it has not bad Cell Processor and it’s open platform. How do you think, what operating system manages cluster? Windows? Nope. It’s Linux.

ps3 cluster

ps3 rack side

ps3 boxes

Information Improvisation: Voice over internet protocol, stands for voip, it is a technology that provides cheap voice communication over the network. A 350-030 certifications ensure your skills and knowledge in this field. A company should try to find firms that provide best hosting facility for this technology. For the enterprise customer IP communications can be streamed by having people with 646-229 certifications. A company that is backed up with such technology must not neglect the effectiveness of website templates. For small firms cheapest domain name can save considerable amount of wealth when purchasing it along with the best hosting package, later on, can be spent on purchasing different packages on server.

1. October 20, 2007  12:30 am by Ruairi Reply

Excellent post!

2. October 20, 2007  2:24 am by TheChaddling Reply

lol Bill Gates is pissed about this i bet ;)

3. October 20, 2007  2:48 am by Frank Reply

nice mounting

4. October 20, 2007  5:50 am by Chris Reply

Cell processors FTW!!!

5. October 21, 2007  4:40 pm by Ben Reply

Pretty cool, but I don't get why anyone would ever think it would run windows?

-Ben

6. October 21, 2007  7:36 pm by Zac Garrett Reply

I've never had a good reason to buy a PS3, this might just give me that reason.

7. October 22, 2007  4:38 am by Trojan Reply

Why would bill gates be pissed? Its a PS3 running Linux not an Xbox 360...

I'd find that to be more of a way to piss ole billy off.

8. October 23, 2007  8:11 pm by Trojan Reply

I understand that... My point was that Bill Gates wouldn't give two Sh!ts about linux running on Sony's crap... That he'd be more pissed on an Xbox360

9. October 23, 2007  8:30 pm by admin Reply

TheChaddling, could you clarify your idea for Trojan why Bill would be pissed about PS3 cluster?

;) :) ;)

10. October 29, 2007  6:59 pm by Alby Reply

This is just the reason to buy PS3s. I've been waiting for this day to arrive. A 100/GFLOPS box for $500 bucks with everything you need in each node.

11. October 30, 2007  7:00 am by pinoyskull Reply

very nice, linux for the win!

12. November 4, 2007  7:58 am by m477 Reply

I think the point is Xbox has crap processors in comparison.

13. February 1, 2008  4:53 am by Yhanks you Reply

Hello peoplee86bbac4fe518377a142b61b2a5c2294

14. Pingback : fluffigt.com » Blog Archive » FAQ: How to install and configure MySQL cluster?

15. October 4, 2008  12:54 am by thechaddling again Reply

I was just saying that William would rather have something of his doing scientific things.

...Sony's crap? I'm not even going to touch that one.

But yeah I was basically saying Yay for linux in a round about way. But if you must argue every minuscule point of something you don't agree with.. Go ahead, I'll be afk.

16. February 4, 2009  10:30 am by Ben Dover Reply

AFK ;)

17. Pingback : Joelle

18. March 31, 2010  10:49 am by cheap vps Reply

I was looking for vps related articles this was superb

19. June 23, 2010  2:38 am by harry potters Reply

This is a Great Post This is a good blog

20. January 25, 2011  1:18 am by web designer in manila Reply

Thanks for this post. It is very nice of you to share your ideas and experiece. Intertnet nowadays is very big. You can see all the information you need on the push of a button. I had fun reading this post. Cheers and keep up the good work.

21. January 25, 2011  1:44 am by how to fix a relationship gone bad for good Reply

Writing is a skill that someone needs to master but fortunately you have the talent. Keep up producing great content and many will come back to read more! Thanks a lot!

22. January 26, 2011  11:03 am by Baldwin Reply

I simply wanted to thank you so much once more. I am not sure the things that I would've sorted out without the type of strategies revealed by you over that situation. It truly was an absolute horrifying matter in my opinion, however , spending time with the very specialised style you resolved that made me to leap over gladness. I will be happy for this service and then pray you realize what a great job you happen to be providing teaching people today using your web site. Most likely you have never got to know any of us.

23. January 26, 2011  7:41 pm by naruto vostfr Reply

Great tips ! really i am enjoying reading your blog ! it's a lot of information i wouldnt know !

24. February 14, 2011  3:39 am by Water Damage Reply

Many thanks for the amazing article.

25. February 14, 2011  8:58 am by Elmer Leflar Reply

There are some fascinating cut-off dates on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity however I'll take hold opinion till I look into it further.

26. April 6, 2011  2:40 am by Baby Care Advices Reply

Great information you write it very clean. And before this,I have read a lot.Few of them is useful.I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

27. May 18, 2011  11:52 pm by location villa marrakech Reply

certainly like your web-site however you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform the truth however I¡¦ll certainly come again again.

28. May 27, 2011  1:37 am by Thad Ganim Reply

Nice factors…I might word that as somebody who really doesn’t comment to blogs much (in reality, this may be my first submit), I don’t suppose the time period “lurker” is very flattering to a non-posting reader. It’s not your fault in any respect, but maybe the blogosphere may come up with a better, non-creepy title for the 90% of us that enjoy reading the posts.

29. August 5, 2012  5:19 pm by ??? ?? Reply

I’m no longer sure the place you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time studying much more or working out more. Thanks for great information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.