This page will help you quickly and easily set up a cron job to run every minute between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
The Cron Job/Crontab
To have your task run at this frequency, use the following cron:
* 10-14 * * *
This cron command translates to the following (in Human-Readable format):
“Every minute between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.”
What is a Cron Job & Crontab?
A cron job is a task that is scheduled to run at a specific time or interval. Cron jobs are typically used for maintenance or administrative tasks, such as backing up data or updating software.
The crontab is a file that contains instructions for the cron daemon. The crontab is typically edited using the crontab command.
Every cron job uses five fields. Here is an explanation of what each field does in this cron, which runs “every minute between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm“:
FUN FACT: When troubleshooting issues with cron jobs, it can be helpful to run them manually from the command line – this will allow you to see any error messages that might be generated..
You might want to set up a crontab or cron job to run every minute between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm for several reasons, including:
- User has specified that they want to be reminded of something at 10:15 am, 10:30 am, 10:45 am, 11:00 am, 11:15 am, 11:30 am, 11:45 am, 12:00 pm, 12:15 pm, 12:30 pm, 12:45 pm, 1:00 pm, 1;15 pm ,1;30 pm
- A task that needs to run every minute during business hours for data collection purposes.
- A script that cleans up temporary files every minute during business hours.
Similar Cron Jobs
You might also want to run a crontab:
- every 22 minutes
- every 6 minutes
- every 30 minutes
- every 9 minutes
- every minute between 2:00 am and 11:00 pm
- every minute between 3:00 am and 1:00 pm
- every minute between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm
FUN FACT: When editing your crontab, it is important to use a text editor that supports Unix-style line endings (LF), as opposed to Windows-style line endings (CRLF)..
In this article, you learned how to set up a cron job that runs every minute between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Please share this page with friends and colleagues if you find it useful.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to comment below.
If you are looking for cron jobs that run at certain minutes, hours, days, weekdays, or months, or if you are looking for miscellaneous cron jobs, then check out our relevant sections, or visit our crontab cheat sheet for a list of hundreds of popular cron jobs.