This page will help you quickly and easily set up a cron job to run every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm.
The Cron Job/Crontab
To have your task run at this frequency, use the following cron:
* 1-18 * * *
This cron command translates to the following (in Human-Readable format):
“Every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm.”
What is a Cron Job & Crontab?
A cron job is a scheduled task that is typically executed by the operating system. Cron jobs are often used to automate repetitive tasks, such as backing up files or checking for updates.
A crontab is a table or list of commands that are scheduled to run at specified times. The commands in a crontab file (also called a “cron table”) are normally executed by the cron daemon, which runs in the background and executes these commands automatically.
Every cron job uses five fields. Here is an explanation of what each field does in this cron, which runs “every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm“:
FUN FACT: If you need to delete a cron job, simply remove the corresponding line from the crontab file and save your changes..
You might want to set up a crontab or cron job to run every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm for several reasons, including:
- A cron job that runs every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm could be used to check for new emails every minute and send a notification if there are any.
- A cron job that runs every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm could be used to check a website’s uptime and send an alert if the site is down.
- A cron job that runs every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm could be used to monitor server load and send an alert if the load gets too high.
Similar Cron Jobs
You might also want to run a crontab:
- every 10 minutes
- every 3 minutes
- every 5 minutes
- every 29 minutes
- every minute
- every minute between 12:00 am and 6:00 am
- every minute between 3:00 am and 6:00 pm
FUN FACT: Cron jobs can be set up to run at specific times, or they can be configured to run periodically (e.g., every hour)..
In this article, you learned how to set up a cron job that runs every minute between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm. Please share this page with friends and colleagues if you find it useful.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to comment below.
If you are looking for cron jobs that run at certain minutes, hours, days, weekdays, or months, or if you are looking for miscellaneous cron jobs, then check out our relevant sections, or visit our cron job cheat sheet for a list of hundreds of popular cron jobs.