This page will help you quickly and easily set up a cron job to run every minute between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm.
The Cron Job/Crontab
To have your task run at this frequency, use the following cron:
* 6-22 * * *
This cron command translates to the following (in Human-Readable format):
“Every minute between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm.”
What is a Cron Job & Crontab?
A cron job is a scheduled task that is typically executed by the server in order to automate certain processes or tasks. For example, a cron job could be set up to automatically backup a database every night at 2am.
Crontab is a file that contains instructions for the cron daemon. The cron daemon is a program that runs in the background and executes tasks at specified times. The crontab file is used to specify which tasks are to be run and when they are to be run.
Every cron job uses five fields. Here is an explanation of what each field does in this cron, which runs “every minute between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm“:
FUN FACT: If a cron job is not properly configured, it might never execute – so make sure you double-check your settings before setting one up!.
You might want to set up a crontab or cron job to run every minute between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm for several reasons, including:
- A site that gets a lot of traffic may use a cron job like this to run a script every minute that clears the cache, so that visitors always see the most up-to-date version of the site.
- An ecommerce site may use a cron job like this to send out reminder emails to customers who have items in their shopping cart but have not completed their purchase.
- A blog might use a cron job like this to post new content automatically at regular intervals.
Similar Cron Jobs
You might also want to run a crontab:
- every 7 minutes
- every 4 minutes
- every 9 minutes
- every 26 minutes
- every 22 minutes
- every minute between 7:00 am and 11:00 am
- every minute between 4:00 am and 7:00 pm
- every minute between 2:00 am and 10:00 pm
FUN FACT: Cron is one of the most versatile tools in a Linux administrator’s toolbox..
In this article, you learned how to set up a cron job that runs every minute between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm. Please share this page with friends and colleagues if you find it useful.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to comment below.
If you are looking for cron jobs that run at certain minutes, hours, days, weekdays, or months, or if you are looking for miscellaneous cron jobs, then check out our relevant sections, or visit our cron job cheat sheet for a list of hundreds of popular cron jobs.